The Beacon originally opened to visitors back in July1996. In June 2008, after a major redevelopment, we were officially reopened by HM Queen Elizabeth II.
We are now open after an exciting redisplay, incorporating the history of the nuclear industry in Copeland - "The Sellafield Story".
We continue to offer easy access, guided tours, room hire, group bookings, gallery exhibitions, events and activities. We even have educational services, and groups and clubs.
Come explore with us!
What's On Next
- 03.02.2015 | 19.30 William Street Lectures
- 03.03.2015 | 19.30 The Copeland Coast
- 07.04.2015 | 19.30 Wartime West Cumberland
- 05.05.2015 | 19.30 History of Cumbria's Coop...
- 02.06.2015 | 19.30 Rowrah & Kelton Fell Rail...
- 07.07.2015 | 19.30 Haig Museum Visit tbc
- 04.08.2015 | 19.30 Feeding & Supplying the B...
- 01.09.2015 | 19.30 Cheese & Wine Evening
- 06.10.2015 | 19.30 AGM
- 03.11.2015 | 19.30 Friends Talk - subject tb...