The Beacon originally opened to visitors back in July1996. In June 2008, after a major redevelopment, we were officially reopened by HRH Queen Elizabeth II.
We are now open after an exciting redisplay, incorporating the history of the nuclear industry in Copeland - "The Sellafield Story".
*Special summer family ticket (2 adults and up to 3 children) - unlimited number of visits for 4 weeks from date of purchase for £15. Available to purchase from 19th July to 31st August 2014. Tickets non-transferable. Valid ID must be shown on repeat visits*
We continue to offer easy access, guided tours, room hire, group bookings, gallery exhibitions, events and activities. We even have educational services, and groups and clubs.
Come explore with us!
What's On Next
- 30.07.2014 - 30.07.2014 | 11.00 Back to the Future
- 30.07.2014 - 30.07.2014 | 14.00 Back to the Future
- 05.08.2014 | 19.30 The La'al Ratty
- 07.08.2014 - 07.08.2014 | 11.00 Jolly Rogers Rock!
- 07.08.2014 - 07.08.2014 | 14.00 Jolly Rogers Rock!
- 14.08.2014 - 14.08.2014 | 11.00 West Is Best
- 14.08.2014 - 14.08.2014 | 14.00 West Is Best
- 21.08.2014 - 21.08.2014 | 11.00 Potty About Puppets
- 21.08.2014 - 21.08.2014 | 14.00 Potty About Puppets
- 28.08.2014 - 28.08.2014 | 11.00 Mosaic Madness