Up on the Mezzanine level is the POP Gallery – 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s. Take a trip back into the not-too-distant past; discover toys, ride a chopper bike, and present the Weather Forecast!
- Become a weather presenter
- Our giant Connect 4
- Arcade Machine
DID YOU KNOW?
150,000 items of clothing are washed at Sellafield every week, 10,000 of these are socks.
The Beacon Museum was purpose-built with access for all in mind.
All floors except our Pop Gallery Mezzanine are accessible to wheelchair users and our exhibitions are user-friendly for all ages and abilities.
- Induction loop system at Reception, all audio presentations
- Wheelchair accessible toilets
- Subtitled video presentations
- Tactile directional signage
- Transcripts of audios and oral history presentations
- Staff guide to accompany visitors available at pre-arranged request
- Large print information
Get in touch
We are happy to help with planning your visit. Please contact us for further information on Accessibility:
The Beacon Museum
West Strand, Whitehaven, Cumbria CA28 7LY