Be amazed by what you can discover from the stunning 4th floor Viewing Gallery.
Use the powerful telescopes, object displays and our helpful, easy to read digital interactives to find out about the town and harbour of Whitehaven, its development and geology.
- Stunning panoramic views
- Harbour, Trade, Geology and
- Historic Whitehaven digital interactives
DID YOU KNOW?
150,000 items of clothing are washed at Sellafield every week, 10,000 of these are socks.
The Beacon Museum was purpose-built with access for all in mind.
All floors except our Pop Gallery Mezzanine are accessible to wheelchair users and our exhibitions are user-friendly for all ages and abilities.
- Induction loop system at Reception, all audio presentations
- Wheelchair accessible toilets
- Subtitled video presentations
- Tactile directional signage
- Transcripts of audios and oral history presentations
- Staff guide to accompany visitors available at pre-arranged request
- Large print information
Get in touch
We are happy to help with planning your visit. Please contact us for further information on Accessibility:
The Beacon Museum
West Strand, Whitehaven, Cumbria CA28 7LY
Save today and enjoy unlimited access for 12 months with our Annual Pass.